Back in February our team had the honor of earning the nation’s first stay pending the outcome of the Supreme Court’s review of the TCPA in Barr v AAPC.
Today, it appears, we have backed up that success by earning the nation’s first OPPOSED ruling granting a stay of a TCPA case pending the outcome of the HUGE Facebook SCOTUS appeal.
As before, I have been asked not to specifically identify the case name here, so I won’t, but always happy to discuss privately with anyone interested. Obviously we are most pleased to have contributed this big win to the TCPAWorld defense efforts.
In the meantime there are now a pile of UNOPPOSED rulings staying TCPA cases pending Duguid across the country. Here is a more or less complete list. Use it often and in good health:
- Bittner v. Franchise World Headquarters LLC et al, No. 3:20-cv-522 D. Conn.
- Blower v. Portfolio Recovery Associates, LLC, No. 3:19-cv-2270 S.D. Cal.
- Boger v. Citrix Systems, Inc., No. 8:19-cv-1234 D. Md.
- Brickman v. Facebook, Inc., No. 3:16-cv-751 N.D. Cal.
- Cunningham V. Big Think Capital Inc., No. 2:19-cv-638 E.D.N.Y.
- Forrest Rogers v. Navient Solutions, No. 1:20-cv-276 E.D. VA
- Grome v. USAA Sav. Bank, No. 4:19-cv-03080-JMG-SMB, 2020 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 123224 (D. Neb. July 14, 2020).
- Hoagland v. Axos Bank, No. 19-cv-00750-BAS-DEB, 2020 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 132831 (S.D. Cal. July 27, 2020);
- Hoffman v. Jelly Belly Candy Co., Inc., No. 2:19-cv-01935-JAM-DB, ECF No. 22 (E.D. Cal. July 17, 2020)
- In re Portfolio Recovery Assocs., No.: 11md02295 JAH-BGS, 2020 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 132312 (S.D. Cal. July 27, 2020)
- Jones v. Ushealth Group, Inc. et al, No. 2:19-cv-2534 D. Kan.
- Mizrahi v. Kalamata Research Services, LLC, No. 1:20-cv-666 E.D.N.Y.
- Rodriguez v. Portfolio Recovery Associates, LLC, No. 3:19-cv-2266 S.D. Cal.
- Shannon Sensibaugh v. Ef Education First, Inc., No. 2:20-cv-1068 C.D. Cal.
- Sunil Daniel v. Lennar Corporation, No. 8:19-cv-452 C.D. Cal.
- Whattoff-Hall v. Portfolio Recovery Assocs., 2020 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 130375 (S.D. Cal. July 23, 2020)
As I have said time and time again now, there is no excuse for failing to move to stay ATDS cases pending Duguid. Do not risk creating bad ATDS case law ahead of the appeal.