Well I guess I get to say I told you say. But I wish it wasn’t the case.
Here’s your headline: May 20, 2022 Oklahoma Governor Stitt officially signs the Oklahoma Mini TCPA into law.
The law tracks the Florida Mini TCPA–the toughest anti-robocall bill in the nation– is several critical ways including:
- A massive expansion of the autodialer definition to include dialers that use automation to determine the sequence in which numbers are called (human selection time folks) or to dial numbers;
- The destruction of the established business relationship and inquiry defenses;
- The application of automated call restrictions to landlines
- A limitation on outbound calling to 8 pm local time
- A limitation on marketing outreach–even with consent–to 3 attempts per 24 hours.
Like the Florida bill, this thing is almost certainly unconstitutional. But we’ll have to wait years to find that out.
I will have a deep dive for you next week. In the meantime you can read more about the bill here:
The bill is effective November 1, 2022.
It is CRITICAL that TCPAWorld keep this in mind.
Happy weekend folks.